Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pro Pinball Kickstarter is live

There was a recent news release about Pat Lawlor (famed pinball designer of Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, and more) joining the Pro Pinball team. I wasn't aware of Pro Pinball before this, but their story is evidently an interesting one of rights lost, and rights finally regained.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790321238/pro-pinball-revived-and-remastered

I'm not as enthusiastic about video pinball as I am about the real thing, but I have to say, their Kickstarter video is a winner.  If you can make me laugh, you have my attention.  If you make me laugh multiple times, you probably have my backing.



They've only given themselves 30 days to raise a pretty large $400k funding goal. FarSight studios is doing really cool video pinball and recreating classic tables, but I think it'd be sweet if these guys get a chance to show us what they can do and make something totally new.

And just look at the comments section on their Kickstarter.  They must be doing SOMETHING right!

No comments: