Thursday, October 16, 2008

Livin at the Corner of LaGuardia and Catastrophe

You know those times in The Amazing Race when they'd get to the airport, and the ticket window was closed, so they had to camp there till it opened at 4 AM the next day? I must say I really don't see the attraction at the moment...

After being at a business conference all week, a delayed flight and a missed connector has me stranded in LaGuardia airport tonight. I didn't even get to book a new flight, since by the time I had tracked down my checked bag, the ticket counter was closed. Yes, yes, I know this stuff happens all the time, but it was a first for me, and it's open bar at MY pity parties!

I'm over it now, actually. I'm tired, wanted to be home by now, and I've got a sore throat, but I've also got all my stuff, and a laptop, and even a cup of coffee now (cue angelic chorus). No headphones, so I can't listen to the Frontalot I've got or watch the rest of the Dr. Who episodes I took with me (don't worry, THEY were safely in my carry-on!). After buying wireless internet (LAME!), I did the only other thing one COULD do in this situation. Started downloading roms...

And I'm SO beating the other teams to the ticket counter 4 hours from now!

PS - aww, bummer. Warner Bros. has put the brakes on their He-Man Greyskull movie.

PPS - Now it's 3:30 in the morning, I'm wide awake, don't ask me how. This creepy guy came and sat at the table next to mine, you know, one of those times when there are maybe 1,000 open tables in the vicinity, but they sit RIGHT next to yours. So I had to stop playing MAME because it would have been a conversation-starter...He's gone now, but I'm suddenly reminded of the girl who spends most of Adventures in Babysitting at the bus terminal.

No comments: