Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More movie stuff

Geeks of Doom just informed me that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (from Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz) are going to be starring in the 3-movie Tintin project that Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are working on.

Whoah. That's a lot of info to soak in! I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, and am always up for a Peter Jackson film. My husband owns the cartoon box set of Tintin, which is a fun little series. So this looks to be cool all around.

PS - Netflixed Trailer Park Boys last night, and I'm trying to remember what blog I read about it on, because I want to say thank you! It was a clever and fun comedy, filmed in Canada (check out the Rush shout-outs on the movie marquee!). The cast and subject matter were great. I loved that the main character's goal is to "get his life back on track" by getting back to growing marijuana...




Not only that, there was a trailer for a movie from the Napoleon Dynamite people called The Sasquatch Gang that looked promising and I'd also never heard of and have just added to the Netflix queue.

No comments: