Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This anaconda don't want none...

Goddammit, Discovery News. There are some things I'm better off not knowing.

Fossils Reveal Bus-Sized 2,500-Pound Snake
Feb. 4, 2009 -- Never mind the 40-foot snake that menaced Jennifer Lopez in the 1997 movie "Anaconda." Not even Hollywood could match a new discovery from the ancient world.

Fossils from northeastern Colombia reveal the biggest snake ever discovered: a behemoth that stretched 42 to 45 feet long, reaching more than 2,500 pounds.

Yeah, about that movie (which I had the unfortunate luck of having seen in the theaters)...you know that part where Jon Voigt gets eaten by the anaconda, then later on he gets regurgitated and WINKS? (oh sorry...SPOILER ALERT). Now, such a scenario is actually possible, and that's just not cool. Plus, snakes smell. I'm not completely anti-snake, but they do, the gardner snakes near my house growing up smelled gross!

And when they're the size of a bus? Yeah, then I'm completely anti-snake.

1 comment:

JoeHonkie said...

My friend randomly sent me this right after I finished watching an old GI Joe episode with a giant snake in it.

I'm not even sure what that means, but I think it means GI Joe is real.