Wednesday, September 12, 2012

AC/DC Pinball

I'll start by saying I'm not a massive fan of AC/DC.  I'm aware of their music, from movies like Little Nicky and Private Parts, but I don't own any of their albums.  And when it comes to me and pinball, theme is a very strong factor.  So AC/DC as a pinball theme did not have a leg up just by being AC/DC.



When I first saw it at FunWorld in Nashua, I wasn't that interested, but it was the newest machine there so I gave it a go.  You get to choose which song you start with, and I was choosing Highway to Hell consistently, and before long I realized something; I loved playing this machine!  One advantage is that we were playing a premium edition.  The base model of AC/DC has a big picture of the lead singer's face on the playfield instead of the cool lower playfield included with the premium and limited edition models. 



It's not just me of course, the buzz about AC/DC pinball on the forums is high.  Especially after a recent code update, people are even saying this one gives Lord of the Rings a run for its money as Stern's best pin ever.  So... yeah, we want it.  We were going to hold off getting a NIB (new in box) machine for Stern's expected announcement of Avengers this year, but we simply must have this beast. 

Anyone who thinks pinball is a thing of the past should step up to one of these machines.


No comments: